Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday!!! Day 5 of "A Post a Day" - NETWORKING!

I only count it as day 5, cause I've only been able to do it these 5 consecutive days.  We have to leave out my earlier attempts cause they were not consecutive!  I'm makin' these rules...and that's how it goes. 

Ok...so today!  I'm reaching out to people that I have neglected to reach out to for the past 7 years I've been attending my favorite art retreat, Art Unravelled.  Every year I say to myself, "This is the year I'll keep in touch."  Well, the time has finally come.  I know that I have not really explored every avenue of helping myself to the fullest with my desire to have a successful art business.  I can admit this. And, I can change it!

It's really important to develop community amongst artists.  It will help take you everywhere. I know I have not done this in the past because I make excuses...like, "I don't want to bother them...they are probably so busy they don't have time to help with my newbie, petty issues..." yada, yada, yada.  I have a bad problem of predicting the worst out of people anymore (have become a bit jaded as have gotten older), and that is absolutely the wrong attitude.  That attitude will get you nowhere!  And yes, sometimes it's very easy to get down, and withdraw from society, because our society isn't always the friendliest.  ---Which is a whole other topic I could write volumes about,----but we'll skip that for now.

So, networking.  It's tres importante...if you wanna make it in the art world.  I have been floundering around because I suppose I thought I was should be able to do it all on my own.  Ridiculous.  It's never wrong to reach out....and ask for help when you need it...you may find someone on the other end who is so receptive and helpful...you may find a new best friend.  It is so important for humans to have intimate relationships with one another.  There is a lot of surface nonsense out there today....and not as much deep caring for one another, but it doesn't have to be that way.  We don't have to settle for less.  We can take control and keep striving to find the kind of meaningful relationships that will feed our souls and nurture our hearts.  We just have to get up every time we get knocked down.  Actually, we have to get back up with a smile on our face if we want to really achieve.  How do you think the most successful people in our society have made it there?  Not by giving up every time a challenge presented itself, I assure you.  Not by being weak.  So get up off the couch, stare your nemesis right in the face, and feel yourself soar right over that hurdle. 


This is something I created in the "Huskamp" girls' class at Art Unraveled 2009.  It's painted on fabric and turns out to be a necklace.

The finished product, I love this bird!  And the vintage bling is a pair of old earrings.  I clipped off the clip ons, and attached with E6000 adhesive.  I love the way it came out. A leather chord goes through the little leather loops and voila, a necklace!
Me and the Huskamp girls. Just love them, they are terrific, and highly recommended!

All right, that's it for today kiddies!!! March on, and try to smile at someone, even if it nearly kills you!!! LOL.

Til Tomorrow!  OriginalCyn

No comments: