Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday! - Frida Khalo

Hey there.  I am still having trouble doing a post a day...especially since there have been a few birthday celebrations lately, but am hopefully back on track.  This is a photo of an oil painting that I started about 2 years ago.  No, I have not been working on it for 2 years....I worked on it one day a week for about 5 weeks I think...3 hours at a time.  Then left the poor thing.  It is quite far along, though not yet finished. 

I just love Frida Khalo, and if you don't know who she is, I suggest you look her up.  I'd like to do some more Frida themed things.  But we'll have to see.

That's all for now.  Cyn


P.S.  There was an accident with this piece as well.  The adjustable shelving in my studio gave way (on top of me of course!) and the canvas on this piece was stretched in a few areas to the right of the head.  I am still working out how to fix this ....and will most likely incorporate some collage in the areas.

No comments: