Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Your Stuff is Too Expensive!!!"


Ok people!  Here it is:  an A #1 terrific article about how much work artists and crafters really put into their work, and how that work is often de-valued by the public.  Here's an excerpt, check out the whole thing at the link below!!!


“$70 for a t-shirt?!”

“I love your website, but everything on it is overpriced!”

“Your stuff is too expensive.”

“Are you rich or something?”

“I could make that for $5.”

"I’ve heard it all. At first it hurt my feelings and made me worry that my prices were too high. Now it only baffles me that someone would say something so rude. This is my job. It may not be like your job. I don’t have a boss or regular hours, and I don’t have to drive to work or even get dressed for it (heh), but this is how I pay the bills.

I’m always tempted to asked these people, “How about I come down to where you work and tell your boss you’re overpaid?” Because that’s essentially what they’re saying."

If any of this sounds familiar you might really enjoy the article....I did:)  Oh, and the point is: 
 Charge what you want for your work, and don't listen to the naysayers!!!

http://whatthecraft.com/overpriced-cant-afford-handmade-pricing/comment-page-4/#comment-256040

Have a great day!

Cynthia

No comments: