Monday, November 15, 2010

New York in Fall!

We took a little trip to New York this past weekend for four days. It seems we picked the perfect time too.

 The drive up from Virginia Beach was lovely. Trees changing colors everywhere, just what I've been waiting for. And the colors are terrific this year. Some years the leaves fall off too soon, and well, I feel a bit robbed when that happens! Here's some fun photos form our little jaunt :)


Central Park fountain (above), with people rowing little boats in the water!  This was such a beautiful park, and this area in particular was quite something gorgeous!  There have been sooooo many movie scenes filmed in this park...ones we all know and love...and when my husband, myself, and my step kids took a tour of the park on these little bike carts driven by our guides, they told us about many of the movie scenes that had taken place here and there throughout the park.  Very neat!




This is yet more of Central Park, and the awesome penthouse views from which stars such as Seinfeld, Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher, Steven Spielberg, and the like, can view Central Park. 



Our "Friends Photo."  From left to right, Robbie (my husband), Me, Jackie, and David (my steps).  This is my wonderful family of which I am very proud, and love very much.  Jackie and David are such great people, and I'm lucky to have them in my life!  This is the 'Friends' show fountain where the intro to their show was filmed!  Look at how goofy we are!  We all had such a laugh at this photo!!!



This is a little tribute to John Lennon, who I love and admire very much.  It's in Central Park, very close to the building in which he lived, and where he was assassinated.  I bought a photo of him in his 'New York City' tee shirt...which he made famous.

New York Skyline

Photo from the ferry we took over from our Jersey Sheraton Hotel to NY City!  What an amazing city.  It was my first time there...hard to believe with all the travelling I have done! Very exciting to be there and see it, with all the history that has been and has yet to be created.



Famous artwork form the front of the GE Building in New York.  While I was in graphic design school for a few minutes, this was in our text book...I remember.  Also, this is located at Rockefeller Center.





A few photos from Times Square...the first night we got there we went to see this. I loved it. Amazing...all the billboards and the lights. Just AMAZING!!!



In Greenwich Village, Washington Park...the performers...this guy with his crazy piano and he's looking back at the drummer.  Then some other guys came up and did some dancing.  This cute kid in the hat was sooooooo interested in everything going on...had to get a photo of this little cutie and maybe it's fodder for a painting in the future.


Hope you enjoyed the photos, we had a great time.  If you have great NY stories, please share them with us, we'd love to hear!!!

Later, Cyn


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What great photos and it sounds like you had a fantastic time! I love the "Friends" photo at the fountain - both cute and funny!

Unknown said...

Thanks D. It was a great time. There is so much to see and do in that city...of course, I have become crowd o phobic in my later life, so I don't exactly groove on the crowds. But when I'm not getting bumped into I can dig it!!! And people weren't rude like they say...or at least I didn't have that experience this time!!!

Kristin said...

Beautiful pictures! It looks like you had a great time, xo