Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Twenty Years from Now..."

" Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. "
~ Mark Twain


I've been doing this most of my life....in one way or another, however, I have been very disappointed lately.  My answer when things don't work out is to just try harder, look for a better approach, try to educate myself....get up, and try it again.  At some point though, when all this TRYING seems to get you nowhere but miserable, perhaps it is time to re-evaluate EVERYTHING, and start over from scratch.  I mean, I already feel like I'm at ground zero, so the only thing left to do is start to remove the rubble and rebuild.  GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION , and when you're at the bottom, there's nowhere left to go but up.  So UP UP AND AWAY...If you don't believe it nobody will.

What am I really talking about?  I'm talking about the desire to be unconventional in my vocation...and the belief that one can do this.  Of course, I still believe that is possible, but I think there also comes a time when you have to look around and evaluate whether or not this pursuit is still currently worth it.  Perhaps it's not the right time for this venture.  Is is taking a toll on your mental, emotional, physical, and financial health?  Then maybe it's not the best thing for you.  Maybe it's time to find a BETTER WAY.  A way you can be happier and get more out of your life.  A way you can stop beating a dead horse.

So, that's what I'm doing.  I'm making major changes.  I'll still be here, I'll still be blogging, doing my OriginalCynDesign facebook page, making art.  But now I'm going to get published so more people can find me, make some video tutorials, you tube videos, and e-courses to sell over my blog. 

I'm going to be SELLING OFF ALL KINDS OF WONDERFUL SUPPLIES AND MIXED GRAB BAGS!!!  on ETSY!!!  And I'll be searching for a day job.  If I haven't found anything good by Christmas, I'll go back to school for a year and get my masters in teaching and teach school.  I'd really- actually -LOVE to do that.  I'd like to get out of the house.  I'm tired of being cooped up in here ALONE...ALL THE TIME (drives one a bit bonkey!)...plus it doesn't exactly facilitate finding those great friendships, staying fresh and fit, and the like.  So, that's my new plan. 

STAY TUNED FOR LOTS OF GREAT SUPPLY KITS, & GRAB BAGS OF ALL KINDS AVAILABLE ON MY ETSY!!!  I've got a large variety of tons of supplies I just won't be using anymore...there will definitely be lots of good gets!

All my best,
Cynthia




2 comments:

pandamonion said...

I know if you find the answer, you'll share with the rest of us who barely have time for art becuase we're working in order to afford our art. It does become a vicious circle.

We just keep telling ourselves that the journey is worth it,cuz it is!

Hope to see you soon at a TAG function or something.

Take care, Ellen

Unknown said...

Absolutely Ellen! I'm good at sharing:) I can't wait to get a job...or maybe teach in the school system....I know I can be creative wherever I am, whatever I am doing:)