Friday, February 3, 2012

February - One Thing Leads to Another...

New things, new things!!!  I'm working again...at my art and craft.  A little luck at the Children's of the King's Daughter's Salvation Store on Virginia Beach Blvd., found me scoring among other things, great sweaters at half price.  I had been there innitially to get sweaters and things for the pincushions I make...when I saw some other nice sweaters that might make perfect pillows!!!  And I think I was right on this one!!!  I've been sewing little creamy angora pillows today....among others.  I ran out of stuffing real early in the game though...and only got this "Free Tibet," pillow (made from a sweater of mine) - mostly stuffed.  I'll have photos of the cute creamy ones later!!!


Still needs more stuffing, but you get the idea! 


Next, I had seen an adorable pink, cordoroy mini skirt hanging on the end of a rack while I was cruising the CHKD store.  I didn't buy it the first time I was there, but kept thinking of it and what a cute little purse it might make....so on my second trip, I didn't hesitate to pick it up.  I've had loads of fun with it today, adding all sorts of fun embellishments...just take a look!!!



 
Finally, while doing the drugery of cleaning and sorting out the studio, I worked on my
BUDDHA STAX
as I like to call them:)  There's a nifty store here at the beach (Virginia Beach) called Peace, Love and Balance, over in the Hilltop Center where we sell them! 



I am enjoying working with the local businesses and business owners.  Building great relationships that will be profitable for us both.  Also hoping to teach my FABRIC QUILT GIRLS CLASS in the area very soon.  Please let me know if you are interested!!!


Thanks for stopping by and
have a wonderful day!!!

Cynthia 

No comments: