Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Has Sprung! CHANGE is in the AIR!!!



Went out for a walk the other day, and came back with some lovely photos of nature's beauty to be found right here on my own street!  You know, sometimes it's hard for us to make life changes, especially the ones that would be the most beneficial to us.  However, I have discovered a little secret;  challenge yourself to do whatever it is for 30 days....and if you miss a day, don't get discouraged...finish the task.  It's a personal challenge....you understand WHY you committed yourself to it in the first place...now, if you keep up with nothing else...you will keep up with your challenge.  What's more, when you finish the challenge you will have accomplished something...perhaps something major you never thought you could do...and look, you did it!!!  Now there will be a sense of achievement, success, and fulfillment inside you that you are going to like.  You can see the benefits to your change...and decide to keep the change in your life.  If you can do it for 30 days, you can do it for most of the rest of your life.

For me, the next 30 day challenge is going to be one I don't want to do.  It's the thing I have the hardest time with in my current life:  exercise!!!  I always say..."Oh I'll do it later."  Then later never comes.  But the pounds do...and the sense of losing my health along with it.  Everyone needs exercise in their lives to make them whole, healthy and strong.  Plus, it also does a great deal for our mental health...which is easy to forget when one is in the throws of depression or other mental issues. 

SO TODAY I CHALLENGE YOU TO THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE!  What will you do for 30 days (pretty much in a row) to help your life or the lives of others.  Let us know here in the comment section...and keep us posted on how it's going.  Remember, it's never too late to make a change.

Have a great day,

Cynthia

No comments: